I know, it’s been a long time since I’ve been here. I finally graduated (yay!) and I’m am now happily in Houston with my family for the summer. So because I have all this free time on my hands, one big task I want to accomplish this summer is learning how to cook the amazing dishes my mom makes for us. If you’ve been blessed to eat at the Dwan’s residence, you definitely know my mom’s cooking is amazing!
I’m posting these recipes also to create like a virtual cookbook that I can refer to anytime tomorrow, or 5, 10, even 20 years down the line. Also, you guys can have the awesome opportunity to make these dishes at home! So without further adieu, let’s get on to the first dish.
Lemongrass Pork Ribs
- 1 rack of pork ribs (can substitute for 2 lb beef, chicken, or turkey)
- 2 tbs minced lemongrass
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbs water
1. Put meat in medium pan, no heat.
2. Add rest of ingredients in order above into the pan with the meat.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and turn on high heat until the sauce boils
5. Once it boils, turn heat onto low and let it simmer until all the sauce mostly gone.
6. You can go a step further and add onions to the mixture! The onions will nicely absorb the sauce and soften almost like caramelized onions.
So easy! You can serve in on a bed of lettuce, rice, sandwich, or even spaghetti.
Eat well and happily,